Friday, November 23, 2007

Dear Frankie

IMDB: Dear Frankie
Source: Netflix
Date viewed: November 22, 2007

I don't really know what to say about this movie (I know some of you are saying "for once!" to yourselves). I put it on the queue because I loved the look and the accent of Gerard Butler, who I saw in Timeline (the only good thing to come out of watching that movie). The characters are quite pleasant - some particularly easy on the eyes. However, the storyline is contrived - only a very specific set of circumstances could make this story possible, or at all plausible, so what's the point? I think the message is - and you heard it here first - kids are smarter than you think they are. - A

I'm not sure why a contrived storyline would make all that much difference in what you thought of a movie. How many times does a nobody boxer from Philadelphia get a chance to fight the reigning champ? And how many times does some archaeologist discover the ark of the covenant... Anyway, I liked this one all right. Not great, but somewhat interesting. - T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home