Saturday, December 20, 2008

For Your Consideration

IMDB: IMDB: For Your Consideration
Source: Netflix
Date viewed: December 19th, 2008

While this film had a few good lines here and there, and some good performances, overall it was unfunny. It put me in mind of a term I learned in one of my writing classes in college: imitative fallacy. In the end it seemed like a bad movie about the making of a bad movie. - A

Christopher Guest & Co. walk a fine line, and sometimes they end up on the wrong side. Ever since her SCTV days, Catherine O'Hara has scared me a little bit, and Eugene Levy has played way more terrible parts than good ones. Parker Posey is always great, but even Christopher Guest plays more irritating than entertaining in this one. I'd rather have watched "Best in Show" again. - T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home