Sunday, May 30, 2010

Entre les Murs (The Class)

IMDB: Entre les Murs (The Class)
Source: Netflix
Date viewed: March 25, 2010

It must be very hard to be a teacher in situations like this. I didn't always agree with the teacher's (teachers') methods (and I'm talking about more than just his use of "petasse"), but really, I have no idea how one would fix a situation like the one that appears in the classroom in this film. Overall, I didn't love the film. It's a little long, it's very uncomfortable, and it offers no answers. Not even suggestions of answers. I suppose, in that way, that it's very French. Just show things as they are. Well, that's fine, I guess, but it's not a film I'll see again. - T

Everyone speaks French.
The characters are difficult to like.
The situation as depicted seems intractable.
It took us two sittings to get through the movie.
QED, an interesting and challenging movie, but not an enjoyable one. - A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home