Sunday, April 09, 2006

Good Night, and Good Luck

IMDB link: Good Night, and Good Luck
Source: Cinema
Date viewed: April 9, 2006

Surprisingly gripping. Well acted. A lot of smoking. - A

Here's another one that I was a little unwilling to see for some reason. I don't know, I just didn't see how it could be all that entertaining, but as Amy said, it was really almost a thriller. And I think that Clooney might actually have done a better job directing this one than Ang Lee did with Brokeback, but Oscar and I seldom agree, it seems. (Maybe it was just the print I saw, but I loved the sometimes lazy and sometimes very precise use of focus.) And while we're on the subject of the Golden Boy (Oscar, not Clooney) I feel I have to say that each of the four of the "Best Picture" nominees that I saw this year was about 100 times better than "A Beautiful Mind." - T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home