Monday, June 05, 2006

X-Men: The Last Stand

IMDB link: X-Men: The Last Stand
Source: cinema
Date viewed: May 27, 2006 - Opening night!

While I don't have a mutant power myself (see below), I do have a
boyfriend who looks surprisingly like Wolverine when you're sitting next
to him in a darkened theater watching X-Men 3. So believe me when I tell
you that the story line wasn't perfect (I could have suggested a few
improvements, if anyone had thought to ask), and some of the dialog was
lame, but the mutants and their powers are still kind of neat. Who
thinks up all of these special powers? Someone with a special ability,
I'm sure. I have tried to come up with one of my own. One possibility is
Regurgito, where my ability is to render my enemies powerless by making
them throw up uncontrollably. What do you think? - A

Actually, I think I look more like Kelsey Grammar's character, whatever he was called. (And what was his power, anyway?) This movie was, in the end, poor. I think that the lead female super-mutant was somewhat wasted. It's a super-hero movie, you might as well be pure evil or pure good. Giving her the inner struggle, without even letting her realize it, didn't work. Still, I'll probably go to see X-Men IV on opening night, too. - T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home