Thursday, July 03, 2008

Waitress

IMDB: Waitress
Source: Netflix
Date viewed: June 27, 2008

This film was great right up until the end. The characters were funny and interesting, the story was edgy and tense and unusual, Andy Griffith was great, but then it just kind of gave up at the end. I don't know that this is true, and it's probably horrible to suggest, but I wonder if the ending was actually written by someone else after Adrienne Shelly's death. How could it be so good for so long and then so sappy? - T

I really liked this movie until the end. The ending seemed stupid and out of step with the rest of the film. (I just read Tom's review above - great minds think alike!). The ending was a cave-in to current, politically correct mores, when it could have been so much more. Poor Adrienne will never have the chance to try again. For my views on Andy Griffith in the movie, see above. - A

1 Comments:

Blogger Nathaniel Woodward said...

Jeremy Sisto is perfectly cast as the dirtbag husband. I always thought he was typecast as a jerk...until he joined Law & Order as a new detective, where he totally changed my mind. --Nathaniel

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home