Thursday, January 15, 2009

Charlie Wilson's War

Title: Charlie Wilson's War
Source: Netflix
Date viewed: January 15, 2009

Hegel (and others, I'm sure, have said similar things) said: "Peoples and governments never have learned anything from history, nor acted on principles deduced from it." We failed in the South during Reconstruction, we failed in Afghanistan, and we'll fail in Iraq. As for the film, it's easy to write a smug bashing after the fact. Philip Seymour Hoffman is great. - T

I didn't mind this movie, but I think it was over my head. I never did figure out what in tarnation all the fighting in Afghanistan had to do with the Beach Boys. - A

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OK, I saw this quite a while ago. So I'm a little fuzzy on the details (surprise!)For me it was less about geopolitical lessons and more about good old American salesmanship. Hell, if a doughy Charlie can bed down the likes of Julia Roberts he sure as shite could talk anyone into selling anything to anybody!

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Beezy said...

I heard that this movie had a lot of bad words and that the people were immoral, so I am not going to see it.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home