Monday, January 30, 2006

Spellbound

IMDB link: Spellbound
Source: Netflix
Date viewed: January 24, 2006

This is about what I expected. It's just another competition, like any other. Bread and circuses. My two favorites were the first two to be eliminated, so that was a little disappointing, but really, it didn't matter much. - T

I enjoyed this movie more than Tom did, apparently. The format was, as Tom indicates, predictable: you get to know a few kids, you follow them to the big spell-off, and then you see what happens to them. It was interesting to me to see the different backgrounds the kids came from. I forget that many people in America lead very different lives from mine. My favorite did well, but didn't win. - A

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually watched this on PBS (or was it BBC?) on one of my many travels... it was better than the other network programming on at the time! Made me think about our culture and the pressure we put on ourselves and our children to do SOMEthing, no matter how banal. ;-)

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home