Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Les Enfants du Siècle (The Children of the Century)

IMDB link: Les Enfants du Siècle
Source: Netflix
Viewed: December 2, 2006

It took us two nights to get through this long and somewhat boring docu-drama. Juliette Binoche is fine, but Benoît Magimel is very annoying. This is the second time we've seen him play a very unlikeable character (He was also in The Piano Teacher). As with "The Queen," and other bio-pics, I have trouble enjoying fictionalized stories about real people. Perhaps that's a short-coming of mine. - T

I didn't mind this one so much, although it certainly wasn't riveting. I wanted to see it because it dealt with the life of George Sand, which interests me, but her life was mixed up with de Musset's, who was a little wacky. This, and other movies we've seen (think A Beautiful Mind, and The Piano Teacher), make me wonder if there's ever been an enjoyable movie about a person who is crazy. - A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home