Monday, January 08, 2007

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

IMDB link: Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
Source: Katherine and Jack's DVD
Date viewed: January 6, 2007

Still funny, but the DVD is different from the movie, and I'm not sure I'm ready to accept movies as fluid objects, not fixed in reality. They have added footage, and I'm not sure that it was a good idea. Also, we watched many "out-takes," and overall, I thought the out-taking was a good idea. - T

Quite a good ride, this film. I agree with Tom that the "official" version was better than the one with added scenes on the DVD. The cuts they made for the theatre were the right ones. It puts me in mind of the old quote (I'm sure Tom will know the source, Twain maybe?) I would have written you a shorter letter, but I didn't have the time. - A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home