Thursday, February 21, 2008

Reservoir Dogs

IMDB: Reservoir Dogs
Source: Netflix
Date viewed: February 18, 2008

Just when I had started to come to grips with Flannery O'Connor's short stories, I'm presented with Tarantino's first feature. Ugh. Violent and disturbing, and yet disturbingly captivating. It was entertaining, I'll give it that much, and more and more that's becoming my top criterion for any film. - T

I have to list this one as DNF. Tom forced me out of the room because it was bothering him that I was disturbed by the torture scene - sorry if you didn't already know there was a torture scene. If knowing about the torture scene keeps you from watching the movie, my work is done. I just didn't see the point here. Except for the first scene with all the guys at the lunch place, which had some humor and some promise, I found the movie (what I saw of it) to be uncomfortable, tense, horribly violent, and therefore, contrary to my colleague across the aisle, not entertaining. - A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home