Sunday, February 17, 2008

There Will Be Blood

IMDB: There Will Be Blood
Source: Cinema
Date viewed: February 16, 2008

Well-made, but not wonderful. As I watched this movie, one word kept coming to mind: spare. The dialog was spare, the visual palette was spare, Daniel Day Lewis was physically spare, the scope of action, too. The word could even be applied to the ending. - A

The complete absence of humor made a long and unpleasant story even more so. It wasn't all bad, but it wasn't "Best Picture" material, in one reviewer's opinion. - T

1 Comments:

Blogger Nathaniel Woodward said...

The ending was "spare"?!
If you had to PIN me down, I would FRAME my response like this: I thought the whole movie was right up my ALLEY! I didn't think it would STRIKE me as a good ending, but it really BOWLED me over! P.T. Anderson must have THREE BALLS to shoot and ending like that....---Nathaniel

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home