Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Happy Endings

IMDB link: Happy Endings
Source: Netflix
Date viewed: January 8, 2007

I really enjoyed watching three of my favorite actresses (Dern, Gyllenhaal & Kudrow) - who knew Maggie could sing? - but the movie itself was a little weak. I think it tried a little too hard to be quirky and cute with the periodic explanatory text and the convoluted ending(s). Overall, I guess it was all right, especially if you like those three. - T

I liked Maggie's singing. The plot inter-weavings were a bit overdone. Plus, there seems to me to be a huge plot hole right at the beginning, which vexed me. The kid Lisa Kudrow's character liked creeped me out. Tom Arnold wasn't bad. I think the message is that happy endings can cause trouble. - A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home