Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Little Children

IMDB link: Little Children
Source: Cinema
Date viewed: February 23, 2007

I hated this while I was watching it, but for some reason as I think back on it, I try to soften my opinion. Each such effort, however, ultimately fails. It was unpleasant and humorless. I go to the movies to be entertained. If I want to be reminded of the dystopian society that I live in, I can watch the news, or read a paper. I don't, so I don't. - T

This is not really what you'd call an enjoyable movie. Most of the characters are unpleasant, or behaving badly. I read the book that the movie is based on and, although I think the adaptation was good, the story lost something when it moved to the screen, and that something was the thinking that the characters did about their situations. The film included occasional voice overs that may have been meant to fill that void, but I don't think they succeeded. - A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home