Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Three Days of the Condor

IMDB link: Three Days of the Condor
Source: Netflix
Date viewed: February 26, 2007

Many of this 1975 film's props are anachronisms - the Teletype, the punch cards, the rotary phones, the toupées - but the subject matter is not only prophetic, it's still current! And aside from all that, this movie is great! A thriller from beginning to end. - T

The movie is suspenseful right from the get-go, and the events, as they unfold, are not outlandishly impossible - something that frequently drives me crazy in your more modern thrillers. It was fun to see the 70s again. It's amazing how much everyday things have changed. Redford is good, as is John Houseman (though less prominent). And, as my colleague across the aisle mentioned, the storyline is surprisingly relevant. I'd recommend this to everyone. I liked it so much, I might even read the book! - A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home